Of course you want to do everything you can to maintain your skin well. With these 25 tips for clean skin, you can be sure that you're giving your skin exactly what it needs. The tips are easy to implement and can be applied by young and old.
The skin not only covers almost our entire body, but is regarded in the medical world as the largest organ. Your skin consists of different layers and primarily serves as protection. It is interesting to note that the skin can tell a lot about our general health. It is therefore of great importance to clean and maintain these under all circumstances.
1. Wash your skin with some cool water every morning, afternoon, and evening. Cold water is good for the skin and keeps it young and elastic.
2. Apply a mask about once a week. Preferably use natural masks that optimally support the skin. Chemical masks are a burden for the skin and often also for the entire body
3. Don't fill your skin with make-up or creams, this can close the skin pores and you don't want that! Your skin is also responsible for the absorption of oxygen.
4. Exfoliate your skin once a week to remove dead skin cells. Note:scrub carefully, because you don't want to damage your skin
5. 'Stun' your skin with ice cubes (2x a day) for tighter skin with smaller pores
6. Drink a cup of ginger tea before going to bed. Ginger has many different health properties and is not only good for your skin, but for your general health. Note:do you use blood thinners? Then leave the ginger, as ginger has a slightly blood thinning effect.
7. Drink lots of unsweetened tea and less soda or other sugary drinks. Drinking a lot of water is also good for the skin, because water keeps your skin hydrated
8. Eat or drink as little sugar as possible. Sugar is not only bad for your skin, but also for your entire health. Check here if you are getting too much sugar (note:this is probably more than you think!)
9. Drink plenty of water. Do you find water boring? Then make delicious fruit water by adding lemon slices, mint, cucumber, melon pieces, etc. With water you can really vary endlessly, so that water is tasty for everyone
10. Eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible, because they contain necessary vitamins and minerals that are needed for your skin. Moreover, you can strengthen your immune system with this.
11. NEVER go to bed with makeup on. Make-up seals off the skin and that is disastrous for clean skin. So always wash your face before going to sleep, even if you may be tired and don't really feel like it. If necessary, place a pack of wipes next to your bed, so that you can clean your skin quickly and easily.
12. Never do a workout with makeup on and wash your face before starting with some cold water. A workout is not only good for your skin, but for your general health. It also keeps the skin nice and tight and prevents certain body parts from sagging
13. Change your cushion cover 1x a week or if you have extra oily skin, 2x a week.
14. Don't drink or smoke. Smoking and alcohol are a real attack on your skin. You often see when people smoke and drink that they look much older than they really are
15. Avoid stress, this will only worsen the condition of your skin and make you look older quickly.
16. To remove blackheads, it is best to apply an activated charcoal mask. You can make a cabbage mask yourself or buy one at the drugstore or just at the Action
17. Use (if possible) organic rose water and lubricate/spray your skin with it 3 times a day.
18. Workouts can give your skin a good boost, so keep moving!
19. Clean your makeup brushes more often. And make sure you don't use make up after the expiration date, because that's not good for your skin either
20.. Get enough sleep thanks to my 5 tips to fall asleep faster
21. Clean your face after using your phone. Your phone goes with you everywhere and is not always used with clean hands, cleaning before use is recommended.
22. Steam as often as you need, but wash your face with cold water before and after.
23. Don't use the same towel on your body as you use on your face. In addition, use a separate washcloth for your face.
24. Wash your hands before washing your face.
25. Don't use too much caffeine, because that is also an attack on your skin
I hope my 25 clean skin tips have inspired you to get and keep your skin in good condition.
What do you do to keep your skin clean and healthy?